Featured Post

WHITE SLAVES IN AFRICA - STOPPED!

THOMAS JEFFERSON AND THE TRIPOLI PIRATES: THE FORGOTTEN WAR THAT CHANGED AMERICAN HISTORY (New York: Sentinel, 2015) by BRIAN KILMEADE ...

Tuesday, May 28, 2024

MY REVIEW OF THE 2016 FILM "ALLIED" WITH MARION COTTILARD AND BRAD PITT

Last night I wanted to watch some tv, but noting interested me. I went to Pluto, and to their many movies menu. One seemed interesting. called "Allied." It was about to begin, and I read the few sentences description. Well, I watched the full film, and if it was not made in France, it should have been. It was not Hollywood. Hugh Murray 

 I posted the review on a film website. I had never heard of Cotillard and disliked the last Pitt film I had watched, simply killing German bastards during WWII. Assumed I would watch only about half an hour, but, wait, this begins in Morocco, in Casa Blanca; will this be poor imitation? No, it was just different. I soon realized this was NOT a typical Hollywood film. Slow, Pitt kills a German in a phone booth, but so quickly it seems too easy, no one stops to question him. Weapons beneath a food table at a reception for the German ambassador? More fantasy. A bed scene and she is going down on her husband Pitt in a way I've never seen in a Hollywood film. And the ending is totally un-Hollywood. Fun, beautiful people, but no Casa Blanca.  I gave it 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment